Sunday, August 18, 2013

DIY Maternity Photoshoot

If you haven't guessed from some of my previous posts, I like to dabble and tinker in photography. I especially like taking photos of my kids. When I fell pregnant with my third, I knew I wanted to capture some special moments with my boys and "the belly", especially as we are planning this to be the last baby. I wanted something a little more special than this...
35 Weeks
...which is barely what I managed for Baby #2 (poor neglected middle child - even when in-utero).

Of course, Pinterest provided much inspiration. I was initially thinking we would get some shots done professionally (like we had for Baby #1 - Oh the attention paid to #1 - even in-utero), but as time ticked away I began to realise that wasn't going to happen. So with a Pin-Board full of maternity shots to direct my hubby what I wanted from the photos and pockets full of chocolate to bribe the boys we set out to take some "copy-cat" shots for our family maternity shoot.

Our photos are a little less polished than those that provided the inspiration and the post-shoot processing is fairly scrappy because it was all done in iPhoto. But I still have some great shots of my boys and "the belly". So, here are the inspiration shots next to our shots.

Belly-Hug Inspiration:
Our Version:

Belly-Heart-Hands Inspiration:
Our Versions:


Belly-Peek-A-Boo Inspiration: 
Our Versions:

 


Not too shabby I think. 

And here are a couple of the others, of our own artistic creation - and some of my favorites - maybe because they were just beautiful moments and not me trying to control a 4 year old and a 2 year old to hold a certain pose for just one more shot and not trying to dictate to my husband what he should or shouldn't be doing behind the lens.


Stay tuned for DIY Newborn shots (even cuter!)

No comments: