Thursday, September 22, 2011

Crayon Art C/O Pinterest

Of late, I have become quite fascinated with the world of Pinterest. There is a myriad, a kaleidoscope even, of DIY craft ideas and art projects. One of the first ones I saw was this amazing art with crayons and I have been dying to try it out.

Of course I was hindered for several weeks by the lack of crayons available in retail outlets around the Northern Beaches of Sydney, and gone are the days of Amazon.com delivering next day (sad face). But I finally found a pack of 64 crayons at Humphreys on Manly Corso, along with a canvas and I was all set to go.

Whilst I invited my 2 year old son to help me glue to crayons to the canvas, we both realised pretty quickly I was not actually going to let him do much participating. So whilst he played with the spare paint brushes, I glued the crayons to the canvas.

Then we had to wait for the glue to dry.





I finally got back to the task at hand whilst Noah was having a rare nap, but I soon realised watching the crayons melt down the canvas would be more fun with him beside me. So I woke him up. He was not very impressed with me, and less impressed when I suggested he sit on the stool to watch and help. The hair dryer was too loud and he was hungry. But he had to agree that the colours were pretty spectacular sliding down the white canvas.













What a fun project (for me anyway) and I know this will look great in the kids playroom!

No comments: